Gear : AD , Apple , Baby , Bike , Camcoder , Camera , Cellphone , Concept , Design , Desktop , DIY , Film , Gadget , Gaming , Headphone , HIFI , Laptop , Other , Pet , Pic , Phone , Projects , Sport , Spy , Software , Steampunk , News , Man , MediaPlayer , Military , MusicKit , Office , Toy , Tools , Video , Tech ,
"We began with a shared vision: creating high quality, elegant vibrators for women. Because when it comes to the products currently on the market, even some of the better ones are over-the-top—the kind of thing you hide under your bed, feeling like a teenager with a dirty magazine. Instead, we imagined toys so beautiful and discreet that they could live in your purse or your vanity. We envisioned elegant, discreet, and sensual products—ones that invite you to touch and experience instead of hiding them away. Because if anything deserves good design, it's the things we bring to bed with us"
Now they're up to $50,000 from over 430 backers, You can still pitch in: a $75 donation secures you the basic 8GB Duet (which Crave says will retail for $139).
I love this work, by Ronit Judelman
Above, experiment no. 18 by i3LaB.
"Type: experiment on Social issue
Title: Diamond = Graphite
Subtitle: the Graphite ring
Researcher: i3 LAB.
Subject: C - carbon
Target: ring & pencil
Issue: value of materialism
Solution: Graphite diamond
Result: experiment no.00009 "
"My 'espresso solo' project is a conceptual project. Called Espresso Solo, the conceptual product features metal working parts and a concrete case. The espresso machine makes only espresso: short and long. The design process begun in choosing the material: I choose concrete. I had a vision: concrete in the kitchen, not only as a wall or decorative part, I wanted it to be a desirable consumer product. The contrast between the roughness, massiveness and hardness of the concrete and the fine metal parts, which are dealing with the coffee preparation process, was very challenging and interesting for me. "
It's a project on kickstarter, Good idea... or terrible?
"· Universal, Effective, and Safe when used responsibly (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.)
· Professionally engineered to keep your phone flush against the top of the steering wheel
· Designed to not interfere with deployment of the airbag
· Ability to rotate/tilt for customized viewing and placement for proper viewing of odometer. Can use full functionality of your smart-phone - when vehicle stationary
· Phone stays in place securely and will not hit your legs while rotating the steering wheel
· Installs in less than 30 seconds and no tools are necessary.
· Overcomes top complaints inherent with all other hands-free accessories: limited viewing, bad placement, limited access, having to move eyes too much, unable to use GPS properly, can't use speaker phone, among others
Some of the uses of The Steer Safe include:
· Making/receiving phone calls
· Using your GPS
"Taking a photo means making a memory. Choosing a moment in time and framing a situation. Archiving it or making it public. Either way, we create a visual item that we have an emotional attachment to through our memory. Photos help us to remember moments in our past. Often they even become a memory in their own right. For many, making their moments public through services like Flickr is already part the process of photography itself, creating archives which contain a vast collection of visual fragments of individual lives. "