|The Ubuntu Edge is a smartphone and desktop PC in one state-of-the-art device. They described the Ubuntu Edge as a device that will "dual boot Ubuntu and Android, and will transform into a PC when docked with a monitor—with the full Ubuntu desktop and shared access to all the phone’s files. For this it needs the power of a PC, so Ubuntu Edge will be equipped with the latest, fastest processor, at least 4GB of RAM and a massive 128GB of (SSD) storage."
Its technical specs:
- Dual-boot Ubuntu Edge into either Ubuntu or Android
- A fully integrated Ubuntu desktop PC when docked
- Fast and powerful device with multi-core CPU and at least 4GB RAM
- 128GB of Solid State Device (SSD) storage for photos, music, content
- A 4.5-inch 1,280 x 720 HD display with a pure sapphire crystal screen, the hardest natural substance after the diamond
- Cameras made for low-light, fast response and close up pictures: 8mp rear camera, 2mp front
- Faster connections all over the world with dual-LTE, dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Connect to HDMI TVs and monitors easily with MHL connector, 3.5mm jack
- GPS, accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor, compass, barometer
- Stereo speakers with HD audio, dual-mic recording, Active Noise Cancellation
- Silicon-anode Li-Ion battery
- 64 x 9 x 124mm size.
The company is looking to raise $32 million in one month to build the device using crowdfunding website Indiegogo. You can read more about it here.
+ More >>